Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they pick a fun topic for a top ten list. This weeks list is Top Ten Favorite Books I Read In 2012.
1. The Giver by Lois Lowry
I don’t know why it took me so long to read The Giver. It completely lives up to the hype.
2. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman (My review can be found here.)
This book is an adventure and I enjoyed every moment.
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
The Fault In Our Stars is all over many best of 2012 lists and anyone who’s read it knows why. So sad and beautiful.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
I really love everything that Lauren Oliver writes and this book is no different.
5. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson And The Olympians #1) by Rick Riordan
This is my favorite new (to me) middle grade book. I love Percy and am so glad I picked up this book at my local used book store.
6. Nickel And Dimed: On (Not) Getting By In America by Barbara Ehrenreich
This book is a must read for anyone who wants to understand what it is like for Americans making poverty-level wages. It is an excellent example of undercover reporting.
7. Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood
From the cover (might be my favorite of 2012) to the forbidden romance to witches, I love everything about Born Wicked.
8. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
This is a must read book for all teenage readers. (You can read my thoughts about Speak on my running blog here. )
9. A Game Of Thrones (A Song Of Ice and Fire #1) by George R. R. Martin
I am reading each book after each season airs on TV. (Mainly because my husband gets freaked out about spoilers and swears he can tell when I know something is going to happen.) So good!
10. Shiver (The Wolves Of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater
My introduction to the beautiful writing of Maggie Stiefvater has only lead me to add all of her other books to my to be read list.
What were your favorite reads of 2012?
All cover images taken from goodreads.