Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they pick a fun topic for a top ten list. This weeks theme is your favorite author in whatever genre of your choosing. I chose Chick Lit authors.
1. Marian Keyes – I love the Walsh sisters as if they were my own family. From Watermelon to her newest The Mystery Of Mercy Close (I really need to get my hands on that book). Exactly what Chick Lit should be fun, heart breaking, and filled with wonderful characters.
2. Sophie Kinsella – The Shopaholic series was my first foray into Chick Lit. Outrageous and ridiculous, Becky Bloomwood is so much fun.
3. Helen Fielding – All I really need to say here is Bridget Jones’s Diary.
4. Jennifer Weiner – An American finally makes a debut on this list. Good In Bed is such a great book and I love that Cannie has a dog names Nifkin.
5. Jane Green – English but lives in my home state of Connecticut, Jane Green has written so many great books. (Bookends, Mr. Maybe, Jemima J.: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings And Swans to name a few.)
6. Candace Bushnell – Sex In The City is just such classic chick lit that she cannot be left off any list.
7. Meg Cabot – I love all of her books but Heather Wells is such a great series.
8. Anna Mated – Getting Over It and Running In Heels are both great reads.
9. Lauren Weisberger – For this former assistant to the boss from hell, The Devil Wears Prada was like my life but way more posh and with no international travel.
10. Jodie Picoult – Mainly for My Sister’s Keeper which is tragic and thought provoking.
Who would you add to the list?